Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Be careful of what you wish for

OK I got my belated Christmas present and I can't wait to open it this Sunday. I've been wishing this for a whole year. Another chance to go to the Super Bowl.I have to admit I'm anxious about the game because I never know which team is going to show up. Is it a balanced attack that probes the defense or a pass happy offense that is totally predictable. Only time will tell. I know I'm not the only one who gave up on the Birds. The parking lots around the Linc were full but not as vibrant as usual. The dark clouds that blanketed the sky were as foreboding as the slim cast of regulars at the tailgate party. Many jumped off the band wagon before last weeks win only to scramble back on as the TVs in the parking lot blared each score that borough the Eagles to their current destiny. I know what I really want, another trip to Florida but I'm too scared to say the words out loud. It kills me to have to sweat it out one week at a time, trying to convince myself that the Eagles are worthy of my support. Man I hate being a homer but I'll never change so why worry about it. Instead I wish you all a "Happy New Year" and I'll see you in the parking lot.

No comments: