Friday, January 21, 2011

They Are Who We Thought They Were

The wind was howling as the crowd huddled under the huge tent buzzing with activity. Not a negative word was spoken about the Birds chance that day. In the end the faithful fans hopes were crushed again. What did we expect. A win of course! We expect to defy the odds, spit into the wind, erase past history and cleanse our souls of the demons of past playoffs lost. Life truly is a circle. It's just that the ends don't always match up the way we want. The season began with a loss to the Packers and ended with a loss to the Packers, how fitting.

As the weekend approaches I find myself not really caring about any of the teams or the outcomes. It's no fun to watch without my Eagles. I tend to forget how cautious I was in the beginning of the season with so many new and untested players. I was one of the first to jump on the bandwagon when they started winning, and I rode it till the wheels fell off. In the end they turned out to be what we thought, young, dumb and full of inexperience. So as I gaze into the future I can't help feel like Charlie Brown and hope that Lucy takes a vacation next year.
Till then, I hope to see you in the parking lot soon.

No comments: